Managers, I know that sometimes you feel that we cancel or postpone a tournament too soon. Let me give you a few reasons why it is absolutely imperative that we do so.
- Above all else, your safety is most important.
- We have to consider the danger, if any, to everyone geographically concerned and not just about one area. This past weekend we had to make sure our east coast teams were safe both coming on Friday/Saturday but more important was the trip home on Sunday.
- We must make a decision by noon on Thursday so the out of town teams can cancel their Hotel rooms by 4pm. Most Hotels charge if you do not cancel 24 hours in advance.
- This time we postponed on Wednesday because it looked like there was the chance that a hurricane might come straight up the gut of Florida.
- Polk County offered to move the tournament to August 8/9.
- We give praise to God that there was not a great loss of life and property and the storm just ambled on up the coastline away from Florida. We hope the other states have the same fortune that we had.
We hope to see you soon!